Epigraph

"[P]oetry makes nothing happen: it survives, / [...] a way of happening, a mouth." -W. H. Auden

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I Was Afraid of Vowels...Their Paleness


I Was Afraid of Vowels    Their Paleness, a chapbook of my translations of French poems by Stella Vinitchi Radulescu, is now available from Q Avenue Press: 


Hoyt Rogers, translator of Yves Bonnefoy (The Curved Planks, Farrar, Straus & Giroux, 2007), says, "Like seashells with light shining through, these poems by Stella Vinitchi Radulescu express the tough fragility of being; in his lucid translation, Luke Hankins mirrors perfectly their deftness and their strength." For sample poems from the chapbook and an interview with me at Connotation Press, follow this link: http://www.connotationpress.com/poetry/690.

The chapbook is bilingual and features original cover art created specially for this chapbook by Marie-Thérèse Pent.

TO ORDER

Price: $10.00

If you see me on a regular basis, you may purchase a copy directly from me by simply sending me an email, and I will deliver a copy to you personally. Otherwise, you may order through Q Avenue Press by mailing a check (specifying "I Was Afraid of Vowels...") to:

Q Avenue Press
Attn: Sebastian Matthews
Po Box 9594
Asheville, NC 28815

No comments:

Post a Comment